The FURminator Small Animal deShedding Tool removes the loose hair small animals would normally swallow during personal grooming. The FURminator Small Animal deShedding Tool helps prevent potentially life-threatening hairballs from developing. Features a 1.25" stainless steel blade edge. Guaranteed to reduce shedding.
FURminator Small Animal deShedding Tool
Pets will always shed, and as long as they live indoors, you, the pet parent will always need a way to reduce pet hair. As industry innovators and experts on pet hair, FURminator understands the entire shedding cycle and the role that hair care and hygiene play in helping to reduce shedding and make you and your pet happy. For that reason, FURminator developed a high-performance line of hair-care, nail, hygiene, and waterless products.
By reducing shedding up to 90%, the FURminator deShedding tool enables you to share your home with pet, without surrendering it to his hair. FURminator deShedding tools eliminate the frustration associated with shedding, and keeping their coat healthy and beautiful. In addition, they keep pets comfortable and safe, the line of deShedding tools eliminate every concern associated with shedding for all pets, and that’s why both pets and pet parents love FURminator.
Please read all instructions and FAQs carefully before you begin. Use the FURminator deShedding Tool only as directed.
1. Be sure your horse is COMPLETELY DRY.
2. Because the FURminator deShedding Tool will extract an abundance of hair, position your horse in an open area.
3. With the edge and teeth of the tool angled toward the coat of your horse, GENTLY pull the tool across the coat in the direction of the horse's hair growth. Use the tool like a hair brush and use long, gentle strokes with the tool. Avoid repeated strokes in the same area. Be extra careful near the horse's most sensitive areas (face, stomach, legs, genitals and anus). DO NOT APPLY TOO MUCH WEIGHT OR DOWNWARD PRESSURE as you comb through the horse's coat. Deep or rough brushing can cause the horse's skin to become red and irritated. Horses with sensitive skin may suffer brush burn even with light combing. If you notice any redness or irritation on your horse's skin, immediately stop using the tool.
Precision Tool Selection
Not all animals were created equal which makes FURminator the best choice when it comes to deShedding solutions. Simply select the tool that matches your cat's body size then select either the short hair or long hair edge for a truly customized grooming experience. Matching each cat to the ideal tool significantly enhances deShedding results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the deShedding tool be used on all pets?
The deShedding tool may be used on most long- and short-haired pets, including dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, ferrets and other small pets. The edge is designed to make grooming pets faster and easier. The deShedding tool should not be used on non-shedding breeds or on pets with particularly sensitive skin.
How often and how long should I use the FURminator deShedding tool?
We recommend using the FURminator deShedding tool 1-2 times a week for 10 to 20 minutes each session, though the actual time will vary depending on the breed of your pet and the condition of his coat. You may need to use the deShedding tool more frequently during heavy shedding seasons.
Where should I perform the grooming process?
The deShedding tool will remove a high volume of loose hair and undercoat, so for convenient cleanup, choose a location that is easy to vacuum or sweep, such as a tile floor indoors or outside. Or, use the FURminator vacuum accessory for easy clean up for use with the small, medium and large FURminator deShedding tools. Always choose a location where your pet is comfortable and safe.
How do I take care of my deShedding tool?
- Be sure to keep the protective edge cover on the deShedding tool when it’s not in use.
- Take care not to drop the tool, as doing so may break the teeth, especially if the protective cover is not on the edge.
- Brush your pet before using the deShedding tool to remove any mats or tangles. Using the tool on matted or tangled fur can bend or break the teeth.
- You can clean the deShedding edge with warm water. A mild soap may be used if necessary. This can reduce the feeling of a dull edge due to dander collection in the teeth of the deShedding edge. Make sure to dry the deShedding edge completely before storing the tool with its protective cover.
Brush -Detangles and smooths fur, distributes oils across skin and coat.
Cloths -Collects and reduces shedding from the surface of the pet.
deShed -Reduces shedding up to 90%. Use tool weekly for 10-20 minute sessions.
Bathe -Promotes healthy skin and coat, while reducing shedding.
Trim -Eliminates sore paws, legs, and hips and promotes overall health.
- Effectively reduces excess shedding without harming sensitive skin
- Stainless steel deShedding edge reaches deep beneath your pet’s topcoat to gently remove loose hair
- FURejector button cleans and removes loose hair from the tool with ease
- Shorter ergonomic handle for added versatility when grooming small pets
- Recommended by vets to help prevent dangerous hairballs from developing
- Designed by a groomer for professional results
- Guaranteed to reduce shedding better than any brush, rake or comb